Performance Test Engineer in the long-established Limerick R&D office of a leading US software development company. 2+ years of performance engineering experience
We have a new role for a Performance Test Engineer in the long-established Limerick R&D office of a leading US software development company.
The company offers an open, friendly and supportive team environment in which you would be working alongside technically strong peers. They provide a competitive benefits package for employees and opportunities for career advancement.
In this role, you will work as part of the Performance team to benchmark the company’s software products against agreed SLAs. This will include analysing server-side resources and key areas of the product, creating performance scripts with JMeter, writing Linux scripts to extract data, carrying out root-cause analysis and problem solving of performance issues, as well as researching new methods and approaches.
Applicants for this role should have:
- A degree in Computer Science or similar technical IT discipline
- At least two years or professional experience working in a performance engineering role
- Experience with Linux/Unix scripting
- Excellent troubleshooting and analytical problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills and a proven ability to work in a team environment
- Fluent written and spoken English
- It would be an advantage to applicants to have experience with some of the following: test tools like JMeter and Selenium, database operations and management, scripting in Python or other languages, Atlassian tools (e.g. JIRA and Confluence), Excel, Progress OpenEdge
Please note: Applicants for this role should be authorised to work in Ireland through EU/EEA citizenship or a long-term Stamp 4 visa. Sponsorship is not available for this position.
01/06/22 - 10:26
Limerick | Midwest
Software Developer | Test / QA